Law Review and Academic Articles - Sham Peer Review
- How to Protect Physician Whistleblower - Patient Advocates -
from Retaliation to Benefit Patients
a legal analysis regarding Summary Suspension, Retaliation, Peer Review and Remedies
by Dr. Gil Mileikowsky, MD and Bartholomew Lee, Attorney at Law.
posted on the AHLA - MSCPR website
Read Full Article (PDF format)
Read 5-page Summary
Read version publised in Jan. 2008 National Jewish News
- The Bonham Case - Origin of Due Process in U.S. Law
by Jeffrey White, Esq. - Presented May 9th, 2006, U.S. Capitol, Council of Health Integrity Projects (C-HIP)
- Sham Peer Review in Medicine
Kenneth Westhues, Professor of Sociology, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada - 2/2006
- Physicians Policing Physicians: The Development of Medical Staff Peer Review Law at California Hospitals
Philip L. Merkel - Winter 2004 University of San Francisco Law Review
- "The Fox Guarding the Henhouse: how the health care quality improvement act of 1986 and state peer review protection statutes have helped protect bad faith peer review in the medical community"
Yann H.H. van Geertruyden Journal of Contemporary Health Law & Policy Winter 2001
- Management response after filing an internal report will determine path of whistleblower behavior - conclusion from ""Mad as Hell or Scared Stiff? The Effects of Value Conflict and Emotions on Potential Whistle-Blowers" - dissertation of Erika Henik, Ph.D.
- Govt doctors get whistleblower protection - John Solomon - Associated Press May 2, 2006
- Juxtaposing Sarbanes-Oxley With JCAHO Governance Standards: A Shortcut to Auditable Health Compliance?
by Michael J. Myers, South Dakota Law Review 2006
- The Health Care Quality Improvement Act of 1986 and
Physician Peer Reviews: Success or Failure? - by Bryan G. Hall - University of South Dakota
- Peer Review: Current Law and Policy Problems by David A. Hyman, J.D., HealthSpan July/August 1991