Retaliation Against Safaa Hakim, M.D.
After Dr. Hakim reported the negligence of two staff psychiatrists that led to the suicide of 16 patients, her hospital fired her and the Connecticut State Medical Board and State Medical Society retaliated against her.
- More Documents Related to Paitient Safety Concerns Raised by Dr. Hakim at Backus Hospital
- posted 8/10/2010
- Backus Psychiatric Care Criticized In State Reviews
New London Day - 12/14/2003
- Backus Guilty of 'Dumping' Some Patients, Lawsuit Charges
New London Day - 10/23/2003
- Faulty Hospital Care Is Brought to Light - New London Day - 3/15/2005
- Letter from Dr. Hakim to State Senator Andrew McDonald - asking for an investigation of her case - 6/22/2006
- Follow up Letter from Dr. Hakim to State Senator Andrew McDonald - asking for an investigation of her case - 6/30/2006
- Sealed Cases to be Reviewed - Hakim case unsealed - 5/5/2007
- Application to file Amicus Brief by AAPS - filed in support of Dr. Hakim - 6/22/2004
- Case Detail - from State of Connecticut Judicial Branch website